Sections

2015-11-01

Was on vacation. Knee-deep in adware. This blog's dying. Out of ideas. Vapoware autobiofanfic. Updating articles and pages.

Happy Hallowday. In Czechia it's tomorrow and it's called Dušičky (Soulies). Such a post-socialist country has to be late at something. Halloween isn't catching on, no money to spend since we're slowly buying Christmas presents and saving for the Black Friday when all the electronics will be cheap.

The 2. part of Getman's Adventures is written up to the birthday party and plan to tunnel out Abnegation by masking as poor Factionless, ending with a statement that some serious shit is going on. If I should make it as Season 1: Episode 2: Part 1 (not requiring to post it on an external server, only 50 kB of text), express it in comments, that's why they're for.

********

You can't just visit Italy and not take any food with you home. Last it was Caprese, now it's Caprese in a wheat bakery and Spaghetti ala Carbonara with lots of bacon and cheese, but no one makes it home probably because pork is haraam although we're not muslims. Or we just don't have enough bacon. Also concerning all the ruins, dump Pompeii in favor of Herculaneum or Ostia so you get preserved ceilings for more shade. Holiday trips without travel agency are more adventurous, especially if you don't speak that language, but you have more time. Add freedom if you just rent an apartment instead of going for an expensive all-inclusive hotel where you shall get to lunch you paid for or you lose it, you don't have any shops next to you and there's only a small fridge and a small TV in the room. The keycards instead of keys are annoying too, especially if they give you less than number of people sharing the room as happened to me in England on one motel or hostel or what it was. Hell I would rather sleep in a Soviet dorm than there.

I set towards achieving at least 3 articles per month, which I usually post at it's very beginning or end. But I'm running out of both time and ideas, therefore also out of motivation. Also the main PC is on the strike again and compiling Fragments costs a lot of time waiting this bloated pile of Javascript junk on Facebook to load, since the other working PC is only a 2010 netbook with nothing more than a somewhat luxurious Atom at that time. Say, could you use nowaday's Facebook on your Pentium D? Even cellphones have 4 cores and can play 1080p videos fluently, Atom alone can't even Crysis, it needs ION to run on low settings at 720p24. I have this nettop, but it does't display anything. This wouldn't be problem if I was blind, but I'm not.

The main PC is on Windows XP and some adware got into Chrome and it made it very annoying to use. As Sharia suggests, those people who intentionally spread it or develop such kind of plague should be whipped, tortured and stoned. Allah will put them in hell if they aren't going to convert right now and stop making this useless software for all the humanity. There's nothing more degradatory than distributing ads, which wasn't widely practiced in the Prophet's times as paper was expensive. Not even being a whore or working in a callcentration camp is at such a low level. Almost nobody cares about the goods advertised and it makes me sad when I see all that wasted bandwidth, paper, human resources, fuel and whatever. I don't even have a fireplace to burn these and make them useful at least in some way. Why do obtrusive ads like this exist? Can't I have just a few GIFs on a webpage? Think about that hordes of text ads in the news - who seeks a job or something else, they will maybe find it in there. People don't need burnt eyes.

Also you better check other articles and pages as they might have gotten updated and expanded. For example the Dictionary and "TUMAASZ, HUSE!". This blog isn't intended to have many shitty or short articles like others, but long and at least interesting ones. I use it as a Facebook replacement since almost no-one reads my long and complex statuses.

********

I kept this in draft because I planned to write something. Since then, I found XP Black Edition 2013 and it's working fine with the exception of NFSU2 and GTA SA PC 10th AE (pre-modded in all it's glory) crashing after few minutes, Unigine Tropics and Sanctuary (I still have the installers) not initializing, Valley and Heaven play sign-inverted sound and printer driver not installing, therefore I can't do assignments in physical form. Also with 64-bit OSes refusing to install and running horribly in VirtualBox I feel my PC's motherboard is dying. Another complicating fact is that Windows are installed on what they call E:, therefore Unofficial SP4, Combofix and HP Driver installer write onto my precious SSD on C:, where I want to put Windows 7 or 10, in worst case LXLE or Lubuntu. I also thinks it's a good virus protection with having %windir% on E:\WINDOWS_, my netbook having C:\WINDOWS.0. Some stupid apps go directly to C: or directly into WINDOWS and don't mind checking the local variables. Windows XP is now abandonware, since M$ ain't selling it and support is gone from 8/4/2014 (though Windows Update still offering), only some companies and registry hackers are getting POSIX patches which don't always install on regular XP. I'm not dropping XP so easily because my favorite features are here:

+ Extensoft Free Extended Task Manager
+ Yamaha S-YXG50 (available from M$ under 1403848 with 4MB wavetable but without XGPlayer)
+ AlienGUIse (AKA Alienware Xenomorph)
+ MS-DOS Edit (removed since Vista x64) and QBasic
+ 16-bit app support (imperfect for DOS, but OK for Windows 3.1)
+ dxdiag tests (rotating DX cube, bouncing rectangle, chat via DirectPlay, flourish.mid DirectMusic test)
+ XP-exclusive themes via patched uxtheme.dll
+ Appearance customization (change everything in Classic theme)
+ .NET framework not included (some viruses need this to work)
+ Space Cadet "3D" Pinball and classic Windows games
+ Error sounds I grew up with

You see, XP won't die, ever. M$ is also getting pretty bad again like in the days on Windows 98, turning all Windows 10 devices into data-mining botnet unless people get hold on Enterprise edition and disable it. The customization is almost gone and the appearance is getting worse and worse. I want Windows 7 Aero back along with full Classic theme customization.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barely anyone comments, so I don't moderate. Free advertising, I guess.