Sections

2014-06-21

ZOMG 1K pageviews already!

In half of a year, I managed to surpass 1000 total pageviews. Now it's time to present you a deeper look to the views history.

Most of the views come from vampirestat.com. That is probably because my blog has a cool name, doesn't? I also know, that there's (is or was) a few years inactive Youtube account called getmania. It has posted a six-digit-views video of Very Melon.

Concerning the Czech audience, most of views comes from my Hej pane Diskžokej parody, which was written in response to the Iveta Bartošová's death. I planned it quite a long ago anyway. To further increase views I've written it in my experimental non-diacricic writing system, to post of which there has been a link in the post with the parody.

If I don't omit pages (handled differently from posts), the absolute leader is the Getmanian dictionary, which aims to make Czech a mixture of Klingon and Japanese in Slavic language environment. Therefore actually worth learning, not just a reportedly silly dialect of Polish not using W for V. Ja polski nie umiem mówić, kurwa. Jestem Czech, nie Polak. A ponaszymu nie jest jezik polski. I pisam s chybami i to Ponaszymu. (http://www.blaf.cz/index.php?body=slovnik)

The views from English-speaking coutnries are in minority, for that. Altough, there are many more articles in English, because I don't believe that many from those 2e7 people who can understand Czech would have been interested in my blog. Concerning my English skills, I have somehow not failed the speaking part of FCE completely, getting a C on the final certificate. There's no reason for me to apologize for my written English abilities, because many people talk like idiots but write extremely elaborate poems, even the native speakers. On the other hand, never ever try to call me up. My Czenglish American-style accent along with some sometimes false-assumed pronunciation (like pronouncing Latin and Greek words more Latin and Greek way (tragedy, divergent, euphoria etc.) and misreading "alone" as it was supposed to mutate because of the root "one" as in German "allein") wouldn't annoy just one Englishman.

Also I've made about 50 pageviews in one day by crawling though this blog on my netbook. It's interesting that the view counter works in Chrome on Windows XP and Chromium on openSUSE 11.3, but not on Windows 7 x64 on my PC (now I know it's because of some AdBlock filters). I downgraded to XP on my netbook because it seemed it could not handle 64-bit 7 properly and better MIDI support. In fact, I just wanted the Alienware Xenomorph theme, Royale Noir theme, Yamaha S-YXG50 WDM Softsynth and fullscreen console, along with 16-bit Windows apps compatibility. It can somehow not emulate SB16 in DosBox, though. Anyway, for Impulsetracker there's Gravis Ultrasound emulaton.

I can not get stats how many distinct people are viewing this blog, or, how many IP adresses have viewed each page or have ventured into this darkest corner of Internet. Altough there have been 1000 pageviews, there are no comments, I mean, no sensible ones, because I've enabled anonymous commenting and spambots are everywhere.

I've started writing this when there were 900 views, but somehow I came to log in and there were 1020. There ale quite a lot of 2-digit view spikes recently. As a celebration, I plan to expand Getmania to somewhere, but where to? Let me take some time, if I actually get myself to make an account somewhere.

One of the motivations for creating this blog was: What if someone was actually googling it?

I fear the day the origin of the name "Monica" will be derived from "Mah nigga" and not from moon, mountain, warning or from what it actually originated. Similary, in Germany might from "Mein Neger" arise somehing like "Manega" or from "Mein Jude" "Manude". Hey, these would make a good female character name for RPG games, so I don't name them "Getwoman" or "Getmanica".

EDIT:
Huh, I noticed my 500-view post has the most views at the moment, surpassing the Džambulka is Dead. That's weird. o_0 And even the Getmanian dictionary. But this post has only 2 views as of 04/08/2014. What the infernal hell is going on here?

Also, I forgot to notice my Bitcoin wallet, 1C4Xyt6PGFzbJszVxuNp3VbmHPywKbT6KK. You can send something there if you feel the need of supporting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barely anyone comments, so I don't moderate. Free advertising, I guess.